Membership with the Women in Economics Network (WEN) is free with your membership with your State/Territory branch of the Economic Society of Australia (ESA). All ESA Members have the choice to opt-in to WEN Membership to receive the additional benefits of WEN Membership and to show your support for WEN's objectives.
Anyone with an interest in economic issues, or is supportive of WEN's objectives to improve gender equality in the economics profession, is welcome to join WEN.
WEN members receive all the benefits of joining the Economic Society of Australia:
- Membership to Australia's largest professional economics association
- Free or discounted access to national and branch events, including guest speaker events and seminars on research and policy issues
- Discounted registration rates to the annual Australian Conference of Economists
- Access to ESA publications (Economic Record or Economic Papers)
- Opportunity to expand your professional network through meeting other economists and economics students
WEN membership offer the additional benefits:
- Opportunity to connect to other economists and others in the WEN community with an interest in promoting greater gender equality and inclusion
- Free or discounted access to WEN events, including seminars on economic issues, professional development workshops and networking events
- Opportunity to be listed on WEN's Register of Economists for media, public speaking and research expertise
- Eligibility to attend the Women in Economics retreat
- Access to WEN newsletters articles, featuring information about WEN events, relevant research and achievements of WEN members
- Opportunity for your research, profile and other professional contributions to promoted through WEN's newsletters, resources and social media channels
In most cases, membership fee is tax deductible expense.
To join WEN, please visit the Register Now page and sign up to your local branch of the Economic Society. Tick the box to opt-in to become a member of WEN.
Existing ESA members can join WEN by logging in to your local ESA branch website and ticking the box for WEN membership on your profile page, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org