Utilities Commission, Department of Treasury and Finance
- Location: Darwin, Northern Territory
- Work Type: Full-time
- Salary Range ($): $109,514 – 117,815
The Senior Regulatory Officer is responsible for:
- providing high quality advice to the Commission, and to stakeholders as appropriate, on a range of matters relevant to the Commission’s various roles.
- undertaking analysis and evaluation of licence applications, submissions, proposals and audit reports, among other things, from economic, compliance, legal and/or technical perspectives.
- managing and delivering reviews and other projects, including procurement and management of expert consultants as necessary.
- preparing a range of high-level documents, including briefings, licences, publications and regulatory codes.
- fostering and maintaining appropriate relationships with stakeholders.
- representing the Commission in a variety of forums as necessary.
- developing and implementing strategies and innovative solutions.
- providing day to day mentoring, supervision and/or support to other members of the Commission team as required.
The Commission is a small, independent body where staff enjoy:
- meaningful work on a broad range of topics
- direct engagement with stakeholders and decision makers
- quick feedback loops.
Commission staff benefit from the generous NTPS employment package, including:
- 30 days’ paid recreation leave and 3 days paid Christmas closedown leave
- positive health and wellbeing programs
- merit-based career progression and professional development opportunities.
Applications close 24 July 2022