Australian Government – The Treasury
Location: Canberra ACT, Sydney NSW and Melbourne VIC
Treasury is seeking quantitative analysts for the Macroeconomic Conditions Division and Tax Analysis Division.
The merit pool may be used to fill further vacancies within Treasury.
Analysts will undertake a range of responsibilities including:
- completing analytical, forecasting and modelling tasks under supervision by or with guidance from an EL2 manager (or EL1 team leader for APS4-6)
- helping to build and maintain data management and governance systems for products and regular briefing materials
- quantitative analysis of policy
- developing and maintaining productive relationships with other government agencies and with stakeholders in the private sector and in academia
- assisting in the preparation of reports, briefings to ministers and senior officials, submissions to Cabinet, speeches, replies to parliamentary questions and other correspondence
- assisting EL2 managers (or EL1 team leaders for APS4-6) by working with relatively junior analysts on modelling and analytical work and coaching other members of the team.
EL1s are expected to perform the above roles more independently and with limited supervision by an EL2 Manager. EL1s may also take on a ‘Team Leader’ or ‘Project Leader’ role and have responsibility for staff development, and /or for individual projects, models or releases, under the supervision of an EL2 Manager.
For further information and to apply:
Closing Date: 30/11/2020