Senior Analyst, Economic Modelling – 000075GY
An exciting opportunity is available to join a dynamic and responsive team who are passionate about economic modelling and are committed to delivering evidence-based policy for the residents of NSW
• Put your economic modelling experience and analytical skills to good use to ensure policy meets the needs of the residents of NSW
• You will be responsible for leading economic modelling analysis on a wide range of industry and economic issues
• Ongoing role located in Orange NSW, a major regional centre located in the NSW Central Tablelands, 260km from Sydney and Canberra
The NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) is the lead central agency in the NSW Government.
We support the Premier and the Special Minister of State, the Cabinet, Ministers and agencies by coordinating policies and services across government. We lead policy development, provide innovative ideas and support Government plans and projects.
Working with us will give you a broad overview in areas such as public policy formulation, public administration and state administrative matters and an opportunity to be involved in a range of state-wide policies, issues and projects.
For more information on DPC go to http://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/about/about_the_department.
About the Role
In your role as Senior Analyst, Economic Modelling, you will lead economic modelling analysis on a wide range of industry and economic issues to inform policy direction. This is a great opportunity to provide high level economic modelling and analytical advice for Departmental Executive and NSW Government clients, and lead the development, project management and evaluation of the modelling team research projects.
You will be someone with a keen eye for detail and be able to identify and solve problems. You will work both autonomously and collaboratively, and be able to deliver work within required timeframes. Someone who can develop strong professional relationships with stakeholders, has demonstrated economic modelling experience and is able to provide plain language analysis of modelling results to audiences with varying degrees of economic literacy will succeed in this role.
The role is located in Orange, a vibrant town known for its excellent local produce, its impressive vineyards, its fine dining restaurants and outdoor activities. Orange is arguably the hub of medical and health expertise outside Sydney and is home to excellent schools and tertiary education institutions. This role will allow you the opportunity to grow your career and work hard, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
If you enjoy working collaboratively to find solutions to complex problems, then we want to hear from you!
A bit about you
• You have tertiary qualifications in a related field such as mathematics, statistics, economics, business, finance, commerce or other field undertaking significant statistical analysis, or equivalent experience
• You are experienced in undertaking all aspects of economic modelling process – research, model development, implementation and evaluation of results.
How to Apply:
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter [maximum two pages] addressing the two targeted questions below.
2. An up-to-date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience.
1. Tell us about a project that you have worked on that required you to undertake economic modelling. Describe the purpose of the project, the methods used, the conclusions that you reached, and your role in the project.
2. What do you consider the greatest challenges when undertaking economic modelling and how have you approached overcoming them?
For further information please go to I work for NSW Ref 000075GY. Only online applications are accepted.
For enquiries regarding this role, please contact Dana Russell on (02) 6391 3265, or email email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 18 August 2019 [11:59 PM]
Job note: A recruitment pool may be created to fill similar temporary or ongoing vacancies in the next 12 months.
Salary: Clerk Grade 9/10. Package includes base salary ($110,745 - $122,038) plus superannuation and leave loading.
Should you encounter any technical problems, please contact the I work for NSW helpdesk on 1800 562 679
Our Commitment to Flexibility: At DPC we endeavour to make roles flexible. While this role is advertised as full time, we will consider requests to undertake the work on a flexible part-time or job share basis.
Our Commitment to Diversity: We are committed to ensuring our organisation reflects the community that we serve. We believe that diversity and inclusion makes the public service a much better, more vibrant, more innovative, and more productive place to work. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ+ people, people with disability, people from CALD backgrounds, women, and people from other diverse groups.