Are you interested in harnessing your analytical skills to promote the ongoing interests of consumers, taxpayers and citizens of NSW? At IPART (Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal) you will be part of a close, collaborative team that makes a difference to NSW. We are located in the Sydney CBD, close to Central Station.
About the role
As a Senior Analyst, you will work in a team undertaking reviews that enhance the community’s living standards, boost NSW’s productivity and encourage competition. We are looking for candidates that want to apply their analytical skills to a wide range of economic and policy issues. You will collaborate across teams as well as with external stakeholders to share knowledge, analyse issues and produce high quality reports.
While candidates with qualifications and experience in economics would be suited to the role, we welcome applications from a wide variety of backgrounds (finance, engineering or other relevant disciplines) who can apply economic, regulatory and/or policy analysis to pricing or industry reviews.
For more information please see the Role Description.
Working at IPART
The successful applicant will join a high performing culture of talented people, who are highly motivated and will guide you to develop the skills and capabilities that will set you up to succeed. Additionally you will enjoy:
• flexible work options,
• interesting and challenging work,
• future scope to work with different industry teams within IPART, and
• high exposure to decision makers.
How to apply
1. A cover letter stating why you’re interested (maximum of 1 page).
2. A response to the targeted question below (maximum 2 pages). The targeted question reflects the types of analysis required for the role and is an opportunity for you to demonstrate how you apply your skills and experience to a real world problem.
3. Your CV (maximum of 5 pages) that details your experience.
1. What are the key challenges in determining whether price regulation is required for electronic conveyancing? If price regulation is required how should prices be set?
Apply via this link
A Recruitment pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing and temporary roles that may become available for filling over the next 12 months.
For more information see Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service
For further details about IPART please visit our Website
Applications close on Monday 4 March 2019
Brett Everett on 02 9290 8423
Please note that your employment at IPART is subject to a Criminal Records Check.