Chief Economist and Statistician
- Trusted advisor on economic trends, statistics and modelling to senior management and stakeholders
- Support financial policy debate
- Lead a small team to make a big impact
The Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) is responsible for managing the application of bankruptcy and personal property securities laws through the delivery of personal insolvency and trustee, regulation and enforcement and personal property securities services.
About the role
The Chief Economist and Statistician will lead our Statistics and Economic Analysis team to deliver quality data to our stakeholders and the financial services sector and provide analysis and insights on economic trends and statistics to AFSA. This work directly serves the Australian economy through regular release of personal insolvency and personal property securities data.
This is a new and critical role for AFSA. As a:
- trusted advisor to AFSA’s Chief Executive and National Management Board, you will provide economic and statistical intelligence to improve our forecasting ability and decision making.
- thought leader, you will represent AFSA in statistical and economic communities of practice to provide contemporary insights into best practice modelling and analytics. You and your team will develop and maintain relationships with a range of diverse stakeholders across government, academia, professional bodies and private sector organisations, to inform and support financial policy debate.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- demonstrated success applying your expertise in economic analysis and modelling, ideally within the financial services sector
- exceptional communication and analytical skills, with a track record of interpreting and illustrating findings in innovative ways to diverse audiences
- high level consultancy and advisory skills, to inform and influence policy debates and outcomes
- established credibility and networks as an economist, statistician or macroeconomic analyst
- qualifications in economics, statistics or commerce
AFSA actively promotes workplace flexibility, with various working options to support your family commitments and personal interests.
Apply by 18 July 2018. For more information and details on how to apply for this opportunity follow the link to our current vacancies: Click Here To Apply